After, inside 1655, he ordered off George Smith an article of assets located on south-west side of West Creek
Thus far, We have Perhaps not viewed anything in just about any certified information, area histories otherwise old new Sanctuary fulfilling cards who does suggest Timothy married more than once.
Pupils step 1: Mary b: abt 1636-1643 d: twenty eight Aug 1684; hitched Nathaniel Thorpe 20 Nov 1662 dos: Bethia b: abt 1638, d: 1687; uel b: abt 1640; married Elizabeth Hopkins twenty seven The month of january 1673 4: E b: abt 1642-48; m: Joshua Culver 23 Dec 1672; Eleazer Peck 31 October 1726 5: Matthew b: abt 1651; married: Mary Brooks 12 The month of january 1673/cuatro 6: John b: abt 1652 – Unclear regarding it you to; not stated inside Timothy’s tend to, but can have died younger or maybe man of Thomas, maybe not Timothy….
Profile of your own kid’s birth schedules will vary widely and several friends histories checklist numerous Bethias, Marys and you can Matthews, however, We believe people are big date confusion in place of reusing labels of children that passed away inside infancy, that was a common habit at that time.
The Retreat Nest Timothy Ford is actually listed as one of the 54 new totally free planters whom signed the basic Agreement of your Nest of the latest Refuge toward cuatro Jun 1639 and is sensed one of several “Founders of one’s The newest Refuge Nest”.
Frequently, Matthew had a child named John (who had been called for the Timothy’s have a tendency to) – perhaps named to possess a sister which passed away young?
Within the 1640, the guy received assets both in the first and you may second divisions of the new home, found at the new part away from Meadow St and you will Liquids St.
Dying twenty eight Aug 1684 (almost every other offer listing ent was developed aside 19 Aug 1682 (other present checklist 11 Aug 1682) This type of discrepancies are possibly because of probate listing interpretation, transcription mistake, or frustration within dated and you can the brand new style schedule dating
- Apr 1640 – “Itt try purchased one to John Mosse, Tymothy Forde and you can Richard Beach shall shell out each 1s okay to your trees wch it performed slide chaotic.”
- The month of january 1643 – ” … Tymothy Forde … fined each 1s having late arriving at trayne”
- 1646 – “Timothy Ford was complayned regarding having their powder being brief when you look at the waight dirty soe perhaps not serviceable whilst ought to bee, was fyned 2s 6d.” Mention of the gun powder?
- Mar 1675/6 – “Timothy ford defyred yt ye judge off protect would-be left with the theyer fide ye creeke, when it is actually theyer turne in order to wacth, however, ye Towne gau noe confent unto they”. Sounds like whether or not it is actually their (while others of you to top) change at guard see, they wished to stay observe using their side of the the fresh new creek, but the “Towne” didn’t do it now.
- 13 October 1679, Timothy sold 1 / 2 of their homestead to just one from his sons
We have not even discover and/otherwise deciphered most of the city her indir background and listing distinctive line of the first times of The latest Retreat, but i have comprehend multiple, and you may overall, Timothy might not have already been said as often because specific, however, his presence is actually identified.
In the The fresh new Sanctuary Colony, seat metropolises about meeting home calculated updates. Husbands and you can wives barely seated together – female were fundamentally relegated into far sides or even the bottom of the home, just like the guys were side and cardio. Early appointment facts in the 1646 and you may 1655 inform you Timothy and girlfriend resting towards the straight back of the home, but of the 1661, they had gone toward most useful places. Timothy was tasked seat #7 near the top and you may cardiovascular system, and E, regardless if nevertheless out to along side it the rest of new girls, obtained a deeper seat – appearing an improved social standing in their mind one another.
Leave a Comments